Monday, July 17, 2017

The Week Of Quilts - Finished WIPS for Every Day of The Week...Monday to Friday that is!!


I know that's a grandiose blog header but I'm aiming to document a week of finished quilts!!...just so I cover my butt I'll change it to include quilt tops??!!

I've finally starting moving my stash up from the garage into my new sewing space (baby son's old room ) and I'm slightly mortified at the size of the stash and the random UFO's I've been unearthing!

Meanwhile a new cuzzie baby boy was born down the coast ( East Coast of the North island ) and he needed a quilt....cue this ridiculously cute Monster print from Robert Kaufman at my LQS.


So a stack of Kona Cottons in Blue and Grey....


Aaaaand a 60 degree ruler later we have a pile of 6" triangles....ready to test the point matching skills of any die hard triangle quilt fan!


I thoroughly enjoyed the repetitive nature of this type of sewing and with the company of some Netflix...how did I live without this before???....the top was busted out in two nights.


A wee while back I was the lucky recipient of a giveaway hosted by my Gorgeous Sparkly Boy, Molli, and the sponsor was Ms Midge, who you all know is an Aurifil brand distributor.


I chose this sexy variegated silver/grey thread for my topstitching from my winnings and it slid through all three layers like a hot knife in butter...divine...barely any lint even though I used a flannel for the backing.



Here it is all bound and yummy looking



I did a basic 1/4" quilt outline from every seam



Which showed up beautifully on the backing



I machine bind most of my quilts now but particularly baby quilts so they can be washed multiple times without fear of the binding coming loose.



Bound and labelled ready to be loved...which after hearing from the Mumma it is very much.:)


These bibs were also found in the ridiculous stash/hoarding downstairs and all they needed was a bit of velcro...too lazy for snaps LOL


OK peeps one quilt down and hopefully four posts to go?!

1 comment:


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)