Friday, October 6, 2017

Fat Quarter Cobblestone Quilt - Pattern Testing Delight

Hi My Lovelies!

It's October and Down Under, for me anyway, it signals the real beginning of Spring!

 Daylight Savings has started and so we have an extra hour of daylight after work and a long weekend to look forward to mid month.....Bring It On!!

On the sewing front, along with lots of WIP's and finishes patiently waiting to be shown off I have a pattern test to show.

Fat Quarter Shop's Cobblestone Quilt


Unfortunately it was a gloomy day when I had a willing quilt holder so the pics don't do the Hometown Christmas Edition Fabric by Sweetwater, that I chose , any justice whatsoever :(


This is a fat quarter friendly pattern and ridiculously quick to sew up into a 63 1/2" x 80 1/2" snuggly quilt.


I'm actually feeling quite smug because thanks to the last quilt I did for the Fat Quarter Shop and National Jelly Roll Day I now have two new Xmas quilts ready to go.....just as well since one of last years ones has well and truly faded due to it still hanging in my entry way!!!!


Sandra quilted it all over with a gorgeous holly and berry panto in a yummy green thread.


This little house print is my absolute favourite ( looks like it's sold out unless you buy a bundle ) followed closely by the buffalo check prints.


The Charcoal Tinsel print was perfect for the binding and one of my favourite Denyse Schmidt prints for the backing just fitted with the colour story perfectly.


The Cobblestone Quilt pattern is currently available here as part of a quilt kit using Zen Chic fabric, but I'm sure by the time this post is released it will be available as a stand alone purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Especially that backing and binding - really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)