Friday, October 13, 2017

Jolly Braid Tote Bag - Fat Quarter Shop Pattern Test

I promise you these patterns that I'm testing or just simply making as a quilt along for Fat Quarter Shop aren't the only things I'm sewing lately!!

But since they have a deadline for posting they seem to be leaping the queue ahead of other quilts LOL...you can tell I was a goody two shoes at school ( rolls her eyes)

Anywhoooo onto the Jolly Braid Tote Bag!!


So I used 3 "new to me" products in the making of this bag....of which I've made a sum total of zero!!

So to say I was a bit nervous is an understatement but it went perfectly!!


The braid section is sooooo awesome AND made ridiculously easy simply by using two things, Jolly Bars!! and Fat Jelly Braid Triangles on a roll specifically made for , You guessed it! Jolly Bars!


So Jolly Bars are 42 pieces of one collection that are 5" x 10" and I chose the delicious Sweet Marion fabric by Amy Rosenthal....how did I miss this collection before??


You start with one half of a HST and sew on the line on top of the paper, not like usual foundation piecing when the fabric is on the backside of the paper...little weird to start with, but sooo easy to line your fabric up, so thats two new things.


Wonderclips....I use them for everything!


The third new thing was Annie's Soft and Stable...was freaked out about sewing with this, but changed my needle to a 90/14 and it was a dream to sew ...thumbs up!


And now I have a real bag with proper handles and everything....and I didn't even swear once!


Aaaand Little OWB thinks her Mumma is so clever...her words LOL...cause now she has a cool new library bag


One disclaimer this triangle is too big I cut the braid to near that end so lost the braid effect....this is now the back of the bag hahaha....and this fabric pattern almost gave me a headache it made my eyes go so wonky!!


Also I could've ironed my lining a bit better for pics....but yeah nah, this is how I roll.


So if you're a bag virgin like myself the Jolly Braid Tote is the bag for you, if I can do it on the first go you definitely can!!

1 comment:

  1. Tote Bags by Jaipur Art Factory astonishing hand printed and stitched Leather Tote Bags Online are made in India with a lot of attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)