Saturday, September 16, 2017

National Sew A Jelly Roll Day - Fat Quarter Shop Quilt A Long

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

It's National Sew A Jelly Roll Day!

I'll let you in on a little secret.... I used to be a precut snob.... I know I know judge away LOL

I couldn't work out why you'd spend so much money on only having a little piece of each fabric from a line.......until I unrolled my 1st jelly roll!


There's something about seeing every single piece of a fabric line in front of you that is so intoxicating for a fabric hoarder like myself.....just quietly I now have several precuts stashed....and by several I mean a shelf full....sigh ;)

I rarely buy or even like every single piece in a line but with a jelly roll or any other precut for that matter, you can instantly hone in on your must have fabrics!


The Fat Quarter Shop asked me to test Jelly Jam which is a free pattern from their website and has an accompanying tutorial.


I chose Sweetwater's The Cookie Exchange for my fabric, thinking I could kill two birds with one stone. Pattern testing and a Christmas quilt all in one go...boom!


This is a seriously quick way to whip up a quilt in an afternoon!
The patterns instructions allows for two quilts in a 3 x 3 layout ( perfect for two matching baby quilts!)
but I went with a 4 x 4 layout for more of a play mat size.


She loves to help!


I used the two leftover blocks in the back with some of the cut off strips and my favourite Kona Snow


I've one small pieced strip 2 1/2" x 12 1/2" left from the entire jelly roll!
Peppermint striped binding and  simple crosshatched quilting through the blocks and it's done.


Now for the good news!! Fat Quarter Shop are having a 20% off sale on ALL their jelly rolls until Sunday night....which is Monday morning if you live Down Under with me.
They can fit 3 jelly rolls in one international parcel so with the discount that easily offsets the cost of postage.....just saying :)

Happy sewing my Peeps xxx

1 comment:


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)