Monday, July 17, 2017

Week Of Quilts - Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of The Week Of Finishes Yay!!!


I had to include these two, not so clear pics, because my Wee OWB so desperately wanted to help me take photos of the smaller quilts since she insisted she's big enough to help...be still my Mumma heart!


Sometimes between driving me bonkers and making huge elaborate messes she is the sweetest thing ever! 


This quilt was inspired by the BOM article that is at the end of every Love Patchwork & Quilting mag.Last year it was Lynne from Lily's Quilts this year it's Canadian Nicole Calver from Snips Snippets


This block is called Diamond Squares and while I was tidying and supposedly sorting? I got inspired to cut up this bundle of Lil' Red by Stacy Hsu.


I think it shows the prints off beautifully and is a nice change from my usual obsession in standard plus quilt blocks :)


Winter sun makes it difficult to photgraph quilts clearly 


But on the plus side ( LOL cheesy ) it really shows up the quilting...pity it isn't more daring than a one and a half inch grid!


Binding is only from last year so I am getting better at non hoarding




And since it's bound and labelled I'd call that a perfect finish!


Oooops almost forgot the backing, another stash find and one of four vintage sheets pushed under other stuff ....seriously?!!


It finishes up at 48' x 48' which makes it a nice play mat size quilt.


After it's Spa treatment it will be ready for a new home :)


Okay peeps two days in a row....can I keep this up??....do not hold your breathe...

2 comments:


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)