Friday, February 13, 2015

A Profanity Swap - Bitches Get Stitches

*WARNING*
This post does have bad words in it and pictures of bad words, if that's not your thing, that's OK with me just don't scroll down!

Just had to warn some of my peeps that this isn't a sweet smelling nice post, it has some very salty words in it, and I appreciate that not everyone who stops by here for a visit enjoys seeing bad words in all their fabricky colour........and that's completely OK!

I myself have been known to throw a few unladylike words into the air... and if I get really pissed off some down right "wash your mouth out with soap" hair curlers LOL

Sooooo when Angelina from @weenchaweena threw out the question "who wants to do a profanity swap?"....it was a no brainer people!



 Here are my "Shit Buckets"...or if you are wanting to make some of your own...more appropriately named "Nesting Fabric Bowls" they are from here.

Great pattern,very detailed and easy to follow.

 Lets make no mistake here I am NOT A SEWER, if I can do it anyone can.I do not know why I can do Y-seams and paper piece and follow detailed quilt patterns but any type of straight sewing takes me at least two goes to get my head around???

This was not my original plan and also not the use I had in mind for this Dr Seuss panel when I purchased it...but it sooooo appealed to my sense of humour.

So I made some Fuck coasters as well. Used this tutorial here, but wished I had just stuck to my tried and true method of binding instead of the pull from the back double over method I used here.

After two layers of wadding and some Insulbrite to disperse heat the double folded canvas was an absolute Bitch to sew and my machine was complaining loudly...more so about the black thread than anything??

What is up with that? I am tempted to buy Aurifil in black just to see if that makes any difference.


The boys thought this swap was pretty cool....I don't allow them to swear willy nilly so I think the whole quilting and swearing with a childrens book theme was just too bizarre for them and they had to ask questions.See I can be an educational Mum LOL

This is the miniquilt I received from Camille  @sosaysthehermit....and I'd like to think it is very apt, in a humorous way.


The stitching is sublime


And look at these gorgeous extras a lovely handwritten card, fabric pouch,wonder clips and some foreign lollies that the boys ate and didn't spit out so I'd say they were delicious!!

All joking aside it was actually quite hard using and saying profanity to a person you don't know, especially when swaps are usually a nice fabricky hug and not in anyway aggressive or insulting.

But I really enjoyed thinking outside the square and if you're on instagram search the hashtags #bitchesgetstitches and have a look at all the clever and very witty things everyone came up with.

So lets link up with Amanda Jean for a finish and M-R Charbonneau from Quilt Matters for TGIFF

http://quiltmatters.blogspot.ca/2015/02/tgiff-night-flight.html

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chuckle! Visiting from Finish it up Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the first things I saw on Bloglovin was your Shit buckets, and then read your warning about naughty words in the post. Too late I already saw some to be offended about ;) LOL.

    I love the Dr Seuss + swearing theme! I kind of wish I signed up for this swap when it went around but didn't really have any ideas but there's been some funny stuff popping up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. although I do swear, and sometimes excessively, I am not normally one for having it written for all to see... having said that, I love and adore your baskets and coasters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to swear too much, but I have to admit that sewing does bring out the potty mouth in me. Love your Dr Seuss letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That's awesome! I love the baskets and the coasters. Especially using Dr. Seuss letters. Very fun! I'm sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! I'm going to have to look it up on Instagram now because you've got me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of building blocks - so unexpected it works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, only a rude word will do. They are in the dictionary, so it is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for saying Hi........give me a day or so and I will say Hi back and answer any questions you may have....have a great day :)